Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cake, Clean-Up, and Kidney Stones, oh my!


The Rana household as been quite crazy since last Saturday morning. Justin has been so wonderful watching Reagan when he's home so I can have a little "me" time. However, last weekend our sweet little Reagan decided she no longer wanted a bottle...only ME! Not good! Justin had to call me home from running errands all over town because she totally refused taking bottle! This continued all week. We tried different bottle brands, different nipples, different nipple flows...and so on. I was a bit relieved when Justin found a blog with tons of posts from other moms also stating their child had gone on "bottle strike"! As of Friday afternoon she has been taking bottles off and on so I think we're at least making progress in that area.

For the past two weeks now I've been taking cake decorating classes at Hobby Lobby. I love it! It's so much fun and gives me a little break from life on the home front with the baby. Here is a picture of the first cake I've decorated for class. We had to make the icing from scratch and frost the cake. Then in class we learned several techniques for filling in shapes, designs, writing messages, and we learned about the different types of decorating tips. Because the All-Star game was on Tuesday night I was inspired to create my hubby his very own baseball cake. :)
Thursday night Justin called and told me that he and his friend Chad wanted to completely revamp the sound booth at our church. I think this was going to be a very tedious project, but encouraged to do it. Needless to say, they pulled an all-nighter working from about 8:30 Thursday night until 9:00 Friday morning. Justin slept for three hours and went back up to finish everything before our conference started at 6:00 Friday night. Everything in the sound booth looks amazing! It's super clean, organized, and getting to all the equipment is so much easier now! Good job boys!

To complete our crazy weekend, Justin started having these horrible pains in his lower back on Saturday night. Justin has a very high pain tolerance so when saw how much he was hurting I was kinda freaked out! We have a doctor friend that recommended we go to the ER to have him checked out. We were pretty sure he might have kidney stones but wanted to know. So after 5 hours at Denton Regional and a CatScan, the results showed a small stone in his left side. He's been drinking lots of water and taking it easy. The meds they gave him totally wipe him out, so he's been pretty out of it the last 24 hours. We are praying that it passes quickly! I can't imagine having to push something like that out of a small hole in the body....oh wait...yes I can! I just had a 7 pound baby! I can't really compare though seeing as how I had an epidural.
I'm totally kidding and know that kidney stones are way different than having a baby :)

So that's been our past 5 days...above is a pic of the cake I made. I know it's not super detailed or anything, but I must say, I'm very proud of myself! :) Reagan also turned three months today! We didn't get to take any pics since Justin was asleep most of the day, but we'll work on it this week and have those soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment